You have probably seen some new, helpful (hopefully) information being shared on our social media threads over the last 3-4 months.
During recent years of working with top level athletes (pro, national and international), it has become clear as to what sets apart those who could reach that level from those who not only reach it, but maintain that standard of performance. From that work, we came up with a list of routines, or habits, demonstrated by top athletes that helped maximize their training, performance and overall health.
12 HABITS OF HIGH PERFORMANCE
- Pre-game/workout meals
- Post-game/workout nutrition
- Physical Training (Strength, Power/Explosive, Weights, etc)
- The Mental Game
Are there certain exercises that help develop strength or power better than others? Maybe.
Is there a drill/exercise I can do to get faster or beat my competition? Probably so.
Would a certain supplement be better for me to take than another? Yes.
Getting great at fitting these habits into your daily routine can prove to be more beneficial and keep you in the game longer.
We’ve helped a number of athletes this year prepare for national championships, World Cups and professional tryouts. Some of the feedback has been incredible:
“My teammates say I look leaner!”
“Coach says I look more explosive when I’m running”
“I went into camp feeling more fit than ever before”
If you, a teammate, or someone you know is interested in improving their training environment here’s what we recommend:
- Sign up for the Kilograms To Kilometers (#KGtoKM) workout newsletter
- Complete the Fitness Score Card to assess your current training environment.
- Follow us on Facebook, Instagram and/or Twitter to receive new ideas that will enhance your training, performance and overall health!